Click Here to Select This Franchise Opportunity
Dickey’s Barbecue Pit® Franchising: Join Our Family!
At Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, we are passionate about the art of great barbecue! And we are proud to be the largest barbecue franchise in the world.
Dickey’s Barbecue Pit prides itself on authenticity, innovation and mouthwatering hickory-smoked barbecue. In 1941, Travis Dickey opened the first location in Dallas, Texas. Franchising began in 1994 after loyal guests and barbecue fanatics demanded more locations. Roland Dickey, Jr. became Chief Executive Officer in 2006 continuing the family tradition. As the fast-casual chain racks up recognition, the Dickey family still serves up the same quality barbecue recipes handed down for generations coupled with the same brand of southern hospitality, only on a much larger scale. The fast-casual concept has expanded to more than 550 stores in 44 states with international locations slated to open in late 2018.
What Sets Us Apart
- Established Brand: Over 77 years of experience preparing, smoking, and serving the community
- Six Revenue Streams: Dine-in/Take-out, Catering, Online Ordering, Delivery, Holiday Meals and Retail Items
- Low Cost Franchise Fees with Protected Territories
- Turnkey Business Model with Support before, during and after your grand opening
- Innovative IT Solutions
- At Dickey’s, we focus on the authenticity of the food and only offer sustainably raised meats
- Each new Owner/Operator is fully immersed in a four-week training course that we call Barbecue University
- Support from the Home Office in all aspects of the business including Project Managers, Site Selection, Marketing, IT, Purchasing and much more
Let’s Talk Numbers
- Franchise Fee $20,000
- Estimated Total Initial Investment Range $289,939 to $421,244
- Royalty Fee: 5%
- Marketing Fund Fee: 4%
- Technology Fee: $99/month
Site Selection Guidelines
Residential population of at least 30,000, daytime/business population of at least 15,000, traffic figures of 12,000 daily cars minimum, average household income of at least $60,000, successful co-tenancy, and easy access and high visibility from main thoroughfares.
Typical Dickey’s Square Footage is 1,500 square feet.
Typical Construction Timeline
4-20 weeks (Timeline may vary)
Estimated Total Building Cost* $243,500-$386,500
Non-traditional Conversion Store
Estimated total building cost* $45,600-$108,100
*Estimated total building cost does not include other start-up expenses (e.g. franchise fee, lease deposits, etc).
*Costs will vary for international locations